This month’s box was put together in collaboration with the beauty editors from Glamour magazine.
- beautyblender® – This makeup sponge’s super soft texture and cute little nubbin shape allow it to blend foundation evenly into the skin. I’m usually one to apply with my fingers, so this is a new tool for me. I also don’t use foundation regularly, but from just testing it out, I can tell that it would give you a really nice finish. I guess that the key is to saturate the sponge with water and then squeeze out the excess. It expands to twice its size, making it easy to get your entire face while still getting into the nooks and crannies. A bonus is that when damp, it prevents it from absorbing excess foundation, making your product last longer!
- Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint – Oil-free, SPF 20+, and the shade perfectly matches my summer skin tone. Sold! I really like how this felt on my face and I could see myself using it every day. Went on really well and felt like I didn’t have anything on. Definitely looking into getting the full size product.
- stila It’s Go Time Lip Glaze – I’ve used this product in the past. I love the pen-style applicator – no gooey fingers or wasting product- and its not sticky or too slick looking. This a shimmering copper gloss. I think it looks great with tanned skin, but I could see wearing it year-round.
- Tea Forté® minteas – all natural, sugar-free mints that are infused with organic green tea, herbs and fruit extracts. I received the ginger pear flavor that is supposed to help you focus (maybe help combat my mommy brain?) Subtle mint flavor, I didn’t get too much pear or tea in it. Not sure if these would replace the ever reliable Altoids, but they aren’t bad.
- Harvey Prince Hello – Fragrance that’s described to have a top note of Meyer lemon, mandarin, forsythia, and plumeria. Wasn’t too excited about this fragrance, it seemed a little too sweet/fruity for me. I like citrus scents, but this was overwhelmed by the plumeria.
- Birchbox Exclusive Earbuds – This was a bonus freebie from Birchbox and Glamour. Yay! Cute neon buds, perfect to wear while doing my training.
I must admit that July’s box hit it out of the park. One product that I already know and love, one that’s a definite keeper, a new tool to help me look good, some minty goodness and cute new buds to help me rock out while running! Thanks, Birchbox, I’m already looking forward to what you have in store for August! Oh, and if you’re interested in signing up for your own box, please click here, that way I get points for the referral. Thanks!