I received my first Birchbox yesterday! I thought that I’d have to wait until June’s box, but I was signed up in time for May. This month’s theme was “Gossip Girl” to go along with the show’s season finale. I don’t what the show, so this really had no meaning for me, but I did find that I liked most of the product samples I received.
- Twistband Hair Tie: My hair is too short right now to pull back into a ponytail, but this hair tie looks like it would do the job. I got a rust colored one, but they come in a rainbow for colors and they seem like they’d be really secure, but wouldn’t tear your hair or leave “dents” when you take them off.
- Atelier Cologne Vanille Insensée Petite Cologne Absolue: This was a little too strong for my taste, especially for summer. It’s not overly vanilla like some scents, but the amber and jasmine make it a little too intense for me.
- Color Club’s Foil Collection Nail Polish in Disco Nap: I love this color! It’s a gold color with a silvery matte glitter in it. I can see it looking great on hands or toes, especially with a tan. I’ll definitely use this.
- fresh Sugar Rosé Tinted Lip Treatment SPF 15: I am a huge fan of fresh Sugar’s products and I am obsessed with these lip balms. I already have a few of them, but not in this color. It is a really sheer berry-pink tint. Very subtle and perfect for every day use. It is super nourishing and has a nice shine but with out any goopy mess. Will be buying a full size one in this hue for sure.
- Dr. Jart+ Water Fuse Beauty Balm SPF 25+: I haven’t had a chance to try this product yet, but I’ve read about it in some magazines and it sounds like just what I need. It’s a moisturizer, sunscreen, and treatment serum all-in-one. It is also tinted so there’s no need for foundation or cover-up. I need something like this because I don’t have much time for applying make-up with the little guy and this would save me several steps while still allowing me to look “put together”.
- Birchbox note card: I also receive a little notecard with envelope, I’m assuming this was a bonus freebie. I like the envelope better than the card itself, it it a true bright pink while the card is more a dull red color. The card stock used is pretty flimsy as well, but hey it’s free!
Well, I have to say that overall, I am really happy with my first box. I received a product I love and a couple more that I think that I’d definitely use again. The only bummer was the perfume, but that’s such a subjective thing, I really don’t mind. I can’t wait until June so I can see what my next box will bring!
If anyone is interested in signing up for a box, please click here, that way I get points for the referral. Thanks!
2 thoughts on “May’s Birchbox”
I am glad you liked your first box! I love getting mine! We got pretty much the same box! But I didn’t get the lip treatment!
Pingback: June’s Birchbox |