This month’s Birchbox has a “Jet Set” theme, showcasing products devoted to summer travel. To be honest, I felt like this theme was a little contrived, the products I received didn’t really scream “Jet Set” to me, but I did like what came this month.
- Apothederm Stretch Mark Cream This cream is supposed to help fade stretch marks by combining four natural moisturizers—olive oil, shea butter, cocoa butter, and meadowfoam seed oils along with their SmartPeptide™ system to increase collagen production. It also includes licorice root and antioxidant-rich resveratrol to fade discoloration and hyaluronic acid to help with long-lasting hydration. I have some post-pregnancy stretch marks that will put this to the test. We’ll see. If it works, I’ll definitely let you know.
- theBalm cosmetics Stainiac A lip/cheek stain that in the bottle looks really bright, but goes on as a very pale rosy pink. I think that if you layered the product you could build the color intensity, but to be honest, I’m not a big fan of stains. I feel like they come off as soon as my lips get moist. After a quick test, I found this follows the same way. I haven’t tried it as a blush yet, so it might work a bit better in that respect.
- Scalisi Skincare Anti-Aging Moisturizing Broad Spectrum SPF 30 This is a combo product that will moisturize while filling in wrinkles and providing sun protection. This sounds like a product that I would use. Anything that would cut the number of steps (and separate products) that I need to apply, the better. It feels light weight and non-oily and doesn’t have a super “sunscreeny” smell. The ant-wrinkle part remains to be seen.
- CleanWell Hand Sanitizing Wipes These are non-drying hand wipes that sanitize and moisturize. I like that they are easy to throw in my purse or baby bag and aren’t super harsh for your skin. Much better than that bottle of Purell. Would definitely use these little guys again.
- BAND-AID® Brand Adhesive Bandages by Cynthia Rowley Bundle Too cute bandages with different “fashion” prints. This was our lifestyle freebie this month. I’m not sure that I want to draw any more attention to my klutzy collection of scratches and scrapes, but they are pretty adorable. I think if you had a little girl, she’d love them.
- Artspace Coupon This is more of an advertisement about Artspace, a fun site where you can purchase art work from both established and up and coming artist. It is a great little site if you are looking to purchase some great contemporary art.
- Not shown: John Varvatos Star U.S.A. I think this was included to introduce BirchBox Men and also because of Father’s Day. I haven’t smelled this yet, but I’ll have Shawn try it out.
Over all, I’m not quite as excited about this month as May’s. I think that I’d definitely buy the sanitizing wipes, but the jury is still out on some of the others. I think that this is mostly because these products are ones that you’d have to use for a bit before you can tell if they work for you. I’ll be using the stretch mark cream and the anti-aging moisturizer until the samples are gone. It they show results, I won’t hesitate to get them in the full size. This is precisely why I love the BirchBox concept. I get to try this stuff that I would otherwise pass on because I wouldn’t want to spend money on something that I wasn’t sure would work.
I’m already looking forward to see what July will bring! Oh, and if you’re interested in signing up for your own box, please click here, that way I get points for the referral. Thanks!