Let’s break it down:
- Exercise is still coming in the form or lugging Joseph around, either in the form of walks or wagon rides, swimming, or other baby calisthenics. My left shoulder has been bothering me for a while, but it has gone up a notch this past month. Not doubt it is in direct correlation to Joe’s current weight.
- Creatively, I’m full of ideas but very little follow through. Nothing has captured my attention to the point where I want to execute. I think that part of this is due to the disorganization of my studio.
- Shawn and I have been okay, but we’ve haven’t had a decent date night in weeks. This is due to my nephew coming out to visit, being unable to book our sitter, not to mention other commitments. We have, however, been really great this month doing things as a family. Plenty of parades, carnivals, and trips to the zoo. Good stuff. Something that we need just as much as our time with each other.
- I have to say that it was a long month for me in the mommy zone. Having our nephew here for a week was awesome, but it also upped the running around factor. Joe has learned to walk -finally!- which has made things easier and harder at the same time. He’s also so strong that I am worn out physically from wrangling him all day. He has a mind of his own and will fight tooth and nail (literally) to get what he wants. The battle of will has begun.
- I’m glad to report that I’ve been getting out to see my ladies more this month, something that I feel has benefited me the most, mentally. We’ve made a pact to have dinner together at least once a month. Plus, I’ve been making an effort to stay more in contact via Facebook, email, or text in between. It helps me more that I could say, even if we are just laughing at the chaos together.
August is promising to look like a great month. Both visiting Chicago and having my sister and nephew out to visit before the school year starts, more swimming and summer fun, not to mention something I’m really excited and nervous to talk about soon that will bring about another change in my life. . . . not I’m not pregnant! . . . more will be revealed soon.