This month’s theme is inspired by the season’s awards shows and being red carpet ready. While, I won’t be walking the line anytime soon, I will be celebrating my birthday shortly, so I’m hoping these products can get me ready for my tiny spotlight.
- Color Club Fiesta Collection – I’ve received this nail polish in past boxes and I’m happy to say that this one is just as great. I love how this brand won’t bubble or peel off and its also free of formaldehyde and other chemical nasties, so I don’t have to worry about it around the little guy. This time I received Mamba – a great red color that isn’t too much for daytime but will still dress up nicely for a night out.
- Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle – This leave-in hair mist conditions, protects from UV damage, as well as detangles like a pro. Something I really need with all this dry winter air. It really smoothed and moisturized my hair while still allowing it to curl. A bonus was that it helped to de-frizz a bit as well. It reminded me a bit of Johnson & Johnson’s No More Tangles, but for grown ups!
- Juicy Couture Couture La La – The latest scent from Juicy and I swear they all smell the same to me: Fruity & Floral. Totally not my bag. Please, Birchbox, no more from this brand!
- WEI Pomegranate Buffing Beads – An interesting take on a scrub, this product comes as a dry scrub that you mix with your regular cleanser. Made of finely ground pomegranate peel, micro beads, and other natural ingredients, I like how you can use your normal cleanser as well as how easy it would be to travel – one less tube to get through TSA. It was a bit like doing a science experiment, and I did have a near-catastrophe of spilling the powder when opening the packet, but that’s just my klutziness coming into play.
- WEI Golden Root Purifying Mud Mask – I’m normally not a fan of mud masks, I feel like they dry out my skin too much and leave my skin feeling tight and itchy. This one, however, was much more mild. It made my skin feel smooth and firm, but not parched. Made of soft China clay and infused with golden root, it was very smooth and silky to apply.
- Bonus Freebie: Ghirardelli Milk & Caramel SQUARES – Dreamy milk chocolate and silky caramel from the geniuses at Ghiradelli? SOLD!
Anyone interested in signing up for a Birchbox? Please click here so I get points for the referral. Thanks a bunch!
BTW: This month I’ve joined the Birchbloggers link party, please check out other blogger’s reviews for this month at The Nerdy Katie and Fabulous But Evil.
**Product Photo via Birchbox**
7 thoughts on “February’s Birchbox”
Wow. Looks like you got a great box! I’m jealous!
Saw you from the linkup! Looks like you got a great box!
Ooo! I was really hoping for that mud mask! I love a good mud mask 🙂 Did you like those buffing beads?
The mud mask was great! The beads were a little strange, but it’s a great idea.
Sounds like you got a great box! I love your polish color!
Sounds like you got a great box! I love that polish color!
love that nail polish you got! gorgeous! thanks so much for linking up for birchbox brag!