Yes, it is October. Being out of town for half the month, I didn’t even get this box until the end of September. I apologize. Okay, now on with the reviews.
- Birchbox and Color Club® Custom Collection – I received a charcoal gray color from their collection. It was almost black with two coats. Went on smoothly and I got about 4-5 days without chipping. That’s pretty good in my book.
- Caudalie Vinexpert Firming Serum – Firming serum is something that I like to think I don’t really need. . . It’s formulated with grape-based actives and other botanicals that soften the look of wrinkles, plus tightening agents that go to work right away to lift sagging skin. It smelled great, kind of grapey in a fresh fruit way, not a jolly rancher way. It was also very smooth and light going on. Not too sure about how well it works, I think that this is one of those products and need time to do their job.
- Sedu® Anti-Frizz Polishing Treatment w/ Pure Moroccan Argan Oil Designed to add shine and smooth down frizz, it helps protect hair against the dulling effects of blow drying, curling, and straightening. It lived up to the hype and instantly boosts shine and adds softness. The lightweight serum absorbs right away and has a faint woodsy scent. I was a bit nervous about oil in my hair, but I’d definitely use it again.
- WEI™ to Go Sleep Over Kit: Real Clean and Ideal Skin – This was a combo sample showcasing the Real Clean Gelled Oil Cleanser and the Ideal Skin Perfect Finish. I wasn’t too big of a fan of the oil cleanser, it just didn’t feel clean to me. Maybe someone who has sensitive or dry skin would like this better. The finishing cream is another version of a BB cream, having moisturizers, skin treatments, and coverage all in one. Meh.
- twistband™ Lace up for Fall – I received one of these previously. It’s made of soft elastic that keeps braids, buns, and ponytails secured. Because they’re thicker than regular hair ties, they don’t leave crimps in hair. Since my hair is too short for a full pony, I can’t really judge.
Bonus Freebie: tili Bags – Made of durable plastic, each quart-size zip and seal bag can hold a variety of belongings—from paper clips and sandwiches to makeup and toothpaste. Especially great for those on the go, they make life easier by keeping things organized. I received the turquoise/leopard print one. Not really my style, but it is durable and handy. I used it to pack toiletries.
Anyone interested in signing up for a Birchbox? Please click here so I get points for the referral. Thanks a bunch!