- Miss Jessie’s® Pillow Soft Curls – Hair lotion that is supposed to enhance your natural curl while keeping your hair soft, instead of crunchy as some curl-enhancing products can be. I normally use Aveda’s “Be Curly” style-prep and it works for me. This product product was a bit . . . disconcerting. I think it was because of the smell/texture. It was like I was putting fabric softener in my hair. It totally smelled like Downy. Which isn’t bad, per se, but it was um, weird. The product did work as it said, producing soft curls in my hair. If there was an unscented version, I would go for it.
- Juicy Couture Viva la Juicy La Fleur – What is it with the super sweet smelly perfumes? I guess they hit the back-to-school theme with this one, I can see the dorms wreaking of this on the weekends. Not for me, thanks.
- Whish Three Wishes Body Butter – This organic body butter is scented like Pomegranate. The scent was okay, not too sugary as some “pomegranate” fragrances are. As for the skin-softening qualities. . . meh.
- DDF® Brightening Cleanser – This gentle gel cleanser is supposed to use natural skin brighteners, including licorice root and mulberry bark, to even out your complexion and lighten discolorations. Over time, you’ll have noticeably smoother, brighter skin. I have some discoloration on my forehead from pregnancy and the sun, I’ve been using this for about a week now and I “think” I might be seeing a difference. This product also has an unusual scent. It has licorice root and mulberry bark in the ingredients and you can totally smell them. Kind of like a black jelly bean and tea combined. Strange to be smelling at 6am in the shower, but not bad.
- Bonus Freebie: Schick Hydro Silk Razor – I normally use the Mach 3 Turbo, same as Shawn. (I buy them in bulk at Costco – much cheaper!) I gave up on women’s razors a while ago, I felt that they were too bulky and I end up cutting myself. The Hydro proved that “girl” razors have come a long way since the last time I tried one. It’s got 5 blades which gave me a closer shave than the Mach 3 and the additional lubrication strips made it glide along great. I still hate having to pay more for razors just because I’m a girl, but I can see this one worth being worth it, at least while its still swimsuit season.
**Pardon the awful photo, was shot with no natural light and a fussing baby**