Today was a good day. I was able to finish sewing the skirt for the vanity that my mom gave me. It was made by her grandfather for her mother when she was young. I’ve made skirts for it before, but never with a machine. Usually just hand-stitching or rigging up something with fabric glue. I felt that they never really lived up to the original design and workmanship, so it has been naked for quite some time. I’ve had making one on my “101 things” list, in order to get myself motivated. Since I’ve figured out the sewing machine, aka Bro, I felt confident enough to give it another try. I went to Joann Fabrics to find the right material and decided to go with this white on white print. I like the whimsicality of the print, but felt that it was still subtle enough to be fairly neutral in case I move it to a different room or redecorate. I also decided to use some navy grosgrain ribbon on the upper edge to help finish it off and add a little color. I am super happy with how it turned out. (I personally think that the photo doesn’t do it justice!) Now I need to figure out what my next project will be. . .