Happy 8th Anniversary to my beloved husband, Shawn. You are the Ernie to my Bert. Thank you for sharing this wonderful life with me and being the best husband and father to our amazing son. I love you, Honey.
Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. I think it is the kinder, gentler version of Christmas. Celebrating your family, friends, and blessings in life without the hype, stress, and overall chaos that has become a part of the Holiday Season.
Today I intend to hug, kiss, and snuggle these two who I am most thankful for. My husband, my best friend, my partner, my teammate. You are my rock, grounding me when I fly too high (or off the handle), lifting me up and cheering me on when I struggle with being confident in myself. My beautiful, amazing boy. You touch my heart and light up my world. You truly are my sun and stars. I love you both and I am so full of gratitude that I am able to share this life with yours.
- Vasanti Brighten Up! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator - This exfoliator mimics the results of professional microdermabrasion, minus the potential for redness and sensitivity. Papaya enzymes break down dead cells while evening out your skin tone. Dermatologist-approved microderm crystals fade the appearance of fine lines and acne scars, leaving skin smooth and free of imperfections. Finally, aloe vera, coconut, and vitamins B and E nourish and soothe skin.
- Tiossan Body Cream - This nonsticky lotion will keep your skin supple and scented from head to toe. A moisturizing blend of organic black seed oil, organic aloe vera, and organic shea butter turns dryness into a distant memory. I loved the lotion, but I would definitely go with a different scent. I received Fatale, while described as having “notes of bergamot and patchouli over spicy vanilla, rose, and chocolate” smelled stale and old-ladyish.
- Laura Mercier Lip Glacé – This lip glaze is a blend of moisturizing, antiaging, and antioxidant agents, that hydrates and conditions. The light formula goes on evenly and won’t bleed or feather, keeping you all-day chic. I received Opal, a light peachy-beige, and it is THE best nude shade I have ever tried on. I will buy this in bulk!
- Eyeko Black Magic Mascara - The sickle-shaped wand creates the perfect amount of curl, with a thick, rounded brush to fully coat lashes, and the water-resistant formula lasts for 12 hours. I liked how it wasn’t too clumpy or thick and the curved brush was a breeze to use.
- Lifestyle Bonus Freebie: Ahmad Teas - Ahmad’s teas come in a variety of mouthwatering flavors: Peach & Passionfruit and Mango Magic, Apricot Sunrise and Blackcurrant Burst, Peppermint & Lemon Herbal, Mixed Berries & Hibiscus Herbal, and Raspberry Indulgence Fruit Tea. I’m saving this for a cold winter’s day.
I’m no longer a teen-ager! (Well, in months, that is.) I really had a lot of fun this month. Mommy and Daddy took me to the pumpkin patch – they had the best donuts – and trick-or-treating. We played outside a lot before it got too cold, and did lots of other things.
I started going to a gymnastics class and love to run around, roll on the mats, and play under the parachute! We are taking a break from swim class until after Christmas, but I still practice my moves in the tub every night.
Have you ever had graham crackers? I am OBSESSED with them. I could eat them for breakfast, lunch and dinner, if mommy let me. I get SUPER upset when I find out they are all gone. I even try to climb into the cabinet to check if they are there.
I’m still really into “Follow that Bird” but “Thomas” has taken the number one spot in my heart right now. Well, maybe number two, if you count my beloved vacuum.
Trucks, cars, and trains are my favorite toys right now. I like to race them all over. I also like to play with my puzzles and read my books. One of my favorite games is “Ready, Set, Go!” with Daddy, he can never catch me! I also try to jump on the beds whenever I get a chance. I think it is so much fun, but mommy doesn’t agree with me.
I’m really looking forward to this next month, we will be getting ready for Thanksgiving and Christmas and mom says I will get to try out my new winter coat and snow pants soon!
044. Unpack all books/photos/artwork in basement
This was accomplished by Shawn and I to prep for the garage sale we had back in September. No more boxes! Woot!
049. Get new business cards
Hello, my name is Samantha Colley, Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot. Please, take my card.
054. Go to a Columbus Blue Jackets game
Watched CBJ lose to the Bruins. Highlight was watching Charra on the ice, he’s 7ft 4 in in skates!
097. Replace back deck
Thank you, handy man!
084. Renovate the master bathroom
Didn’t go with the full renovation, but we got rid of that god-awful carpeting and replaced it with tile. Looks like a day spa in there now!
Again with the delayed re-cap, lets just blame it on the time change, shall we? It’s getting close to the end of this Dream Year, hoping to end 2013 on a high note!
- Team Colley is chugging along like a well-oiled machine. We’ve been able to find some more “couple” time, despite more traveling to see family and the daily routine.
- Joe is the energizer bunny in toddler form. I’ve enrolled him in a toddler gymnastics class and have been taking him to an open gym at the rec center so he release some of that energy without any causalities. The bonus to this is that I’ve been getting quite the cardio workout at the same time.
- Creatively, I’ve been really enjoying pursuing things with Stella & Dot I love being able to have something adult to call my own and I think that it’s given me confidence and motivation to grow. Hoping that the Holiday Season goes well for me!